Friday, April 9, 2010
Metro Politics and Distribution, Group 2
We decided to use a medium not so distant from Metro's. All of the text and political cartoons are excerpts from the newspaper between Feb.10 - Apr. 2.
We think a "global" (Democratic Socialism) political agenda could be an underlying mission for the Metro, who prints in 21 countries worldwide. Enjoy the comics!
Chloe Garcia and Josh Brown
Sturken, M. and Cartwright, L. "Practices of Looking An Introduction to Visual Culture" Oxford
University Press, Pages
Investor and Ownership Information:
Edmonton Metro Newspaper
- Edmonton & the Oil Industry: A Symbolic-Interactio...
- A Gallery as an Art Piece Itself
- soc 344 blog
- THE REGULATION OF GRAFFITI IN EDMONTON
- Iconography of the Edmonton Oil Rig
- Pole-dancing classes & Burlesque: Empowering Women...
- Edmonton as "The City of Champions"
- Art Gallery of Alberta Group 2
- What Images Are Used in the Advertisements for New...
- <!--StartFragment--> THINK PINK: BREAST CANCER AW...
- Edmonton and its Pervasive Giant Objects
- Forms of Graffiti in Relation to Vandalism - Inclu...
- Motorized Codpiece(s): performative displays of ma...
- Cosmo: Preserver of Flanerie
- Recreation in the River Valley
- Advertising Bands in Edmonton
- The Listen Bird
- The Bureaucracy of Wedding Photography: The Fabric...
- Bumper Stickers as a Vehicle for Opinion in Edmont...
- Representation of Animals in West Edmonton Mall
- Powerpoint presentation
- Sexualization of Commodity in Advertisements
- Standards of Feminine Beauty in Edmonton
- Edmonton Busker's Anonymous
- The Commercialization of Religious Holidays: Santa...
- Graffiti: Art vs. Crime
- Bathroom Stall Graffiti in Edmonton
- A Little Privacy Please!!! Washroom Advertisement...
- Public Bathroom Graffiti and Demographics
- Graffiti and Discourse in Edmonton
- The Ever-Changing Face of Edmonton: The Crane as t...
- Regulation of Graffiti in Edmonton
- Alberta Gallery of the Arts
- Pro-Choice &Pro-Life Advertisements on Edmonton T...
- The Use of Ethnicity in Post-Secondary Advertiseme...
- A Bridge Over Troubled Water
- A Vehicle for Politics: Bumper Stickers and Their ...
- Edmonton's Downtown: A Rich, Poor Juxtaposition Ma...
- Breast Cancer Awareness in Edmonton as a Visual Ph...
- The Murals of Grandin Government Station and Hub M...
- Visual Ideologies in Pro-Life and Pro-Choice adver...
- City of Champions Group 1
- Fatality Markers: A Study of Warning Signs and Mem...
- The New Southgate
- The Great Divide Between Function and Art
- 'Fatality' Signs in Edmonton
- Graffiti Regulation in Edmonton
- Men Act Women Appear
- Metro Politics and Distribution, Group 2
- Advertising Bands: Postering Ethics and Aesthetics...
- Regrettable Tattoos - Chantel Macdonald, Ann Norma...
- Wildlife and Nature in West Edmonton Mall: Group 2...
- Mall Advertisements and the Solicitation of Lifest...
- Our group is researching the way in which men ac...
- The Ethnographic Study of Tattoos
- Men Act, Women Appear: How Men and Women are Portr...
- Advertising lifestyle: What images are used in the...
- We Want YOU (but not you): How Mall Advertisements...
- Metro: Politics & Distribution
- ‘Listen Bird’: Iconic Signifiers and Meaning
- Painting the town red: A study of the Vancouver 20...
- ▼ April (62)
- Amanda Sarrazin
- Angela, Sima, Jasminder
- Ashley & Robyn
- Breanne McEachren & Glynnis Burton
- Brit, Tanner, Ben
- Cam Allam
- Carley, Natalie, Kendal
- Elzbieta M.
- Garcia Brown
- Good Marx
- Jeff Williams
- Klara, Zak, Jay, & Tim
- Lisa, Jen, Chris
- Mary, Insiya, and David
- Matt Hirji
- Media Culture & Society Blog
- Nightlife on Jasper & Whyte
- Patrick Ross
- Sami Brar
- Sansitny Ruth
- Sarah, David, Julia, & Amanda
- Steph and Paul
- The High Level Bridge Waterfall(Danni Plecash, Jana Lee, Frances Leard)
- Wedad Amiri, Ben Young, Leif Welz